Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

home for the holidays

trips home are always exciting, enjoyable, energizing *and* exhausting! some observations and lessons i've learned from this venture to the US:

you cant carry christmas crackers in your luggage :(

i can say "pants" without feeling slightly embarrassed, but i've started to snicker to myself when i hear other people say it.

it takes approximately 3 hours for me to have the midwestern drawl return to my voice, although my family claims to hear my british accents.

this is the land of plentiful water fountains, trash cans, and eye contact with strangers.

i forgot that some time in the last few years i was given a strawberry shortcake ornament that smells just like my old doll!

there is a lot of space in this country. everything is so spread out!

despite the fact that its too cold to show my feet, i got a pedicure with my good friend and completely enjoyed it.

i should have bought everyone in my family an electric kettle for christmas. best innovation ever. why dont people use them in this country? i hadnt realized how reliant i've become on mine and i'm impatient with the watched pot.

i love waking up to see snow unexpectedly on the trees and ground.

it has been entirely too long since i've been sled riding!


i saw a car dressed up as a reindeer today.

i'll see my mom tomorrow and over one hundred other family members in the next two days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...